Check our song “winter summer” on this tape!
Check out this new video from Willie The Kid and La The Darkman. V12 Da Hitman also has a cameo in the video. Oh and by the way, Willie directed this; mad props to him for that!
DROPS MARCH 9th! MAKE SURE YALL COP IT! WE ARE FEATURED ON IT!
This past weeknd we had a in-store at corporate…shouts out to out of our cincy goons! they always show love!
Tell me what you think about this track! Hot or not? Yay or nay? Personally, i love it.
I had time to do a short interview with this man, V12 Da Hitman of The Aphilliates. V12 is more than just a producer, he engineers ALL of the Gangsta Grillz mixtapes! He’s got a lot of buzz, everybody needs to get familiar. He’s produced the following: You by Willie the Kid featuring La The Darkman & Bobby Valentino, V12 by Cory Gunz, Streets Pronounce me Dead by Wyclef, Conjuring the Cure by Willie the Kid… and many more! Check out the interview:
When did you decide that you wanted to make a career out of your talent?
- When I was in high school, I got my first placement with common and a chicago based group by the name of abstract mind state. That got me interested in learning more of the business and techincal side of music.
What up coming projects do you have in the works?
- Right now been goin heavy on the Gangsta Grillz 3 album, LA The Darkmans album, Willie the kids album. Also I’m workin with Wyclef on his upcoming album as of now.
How did you become apart of the Aphilliates?
- I have been knowing LA the Darkman from a young age. He told me to keep perfecting my trade. As time when on I got into different situations that didn’t turn out to my favor. Around the end of 2007, I ran into LA down in atlanta and he told me to keep sending him music, so I submitted around 5 tracks a day for 2 weeks. I landed my first placement on the Notorious LAD gangsta grillz. I started coming around the studio more often and I jus started to mold and fit in with the team. After a while I had my hands in a lot of projects, recording and other things. So they asked me to get all the way down, so here I am.
Out of all the tracks you’ve produced that have been released, do you have a favorite?
- My favorite is “We Must Be Heard” featuring Willie the Kid, Ludacris, and Busta Rhymes.
What so far is the highlight of your career?
- The highlight of my career is linking up with Wyclef and working with him on his album and his gangsta grillz.
Who do you look forward to working with?
- I’m looking forward to working with anyone with ambition, drive, and the passion for music.
On average, how many hours do you spend in the studio each day?
- About 17 hours a day. I do more than make music.
What is the biggest thing you’ve learned about the music industry?
- I’ve learned that you need dedication, a hard work ethic, drive, and buliding relationships is a major part of success. Also having people that are trustworthy in your corner is key.
IT’S SO INKREDIBLE
I caught up with Lee Major of The Inkredibles to see what he’s been up to. The Inkredibles have been making some incredible hits within these past few years! If ya didn’t know, Lee is responsible for Mafia Music by Rick Ross, Vacation by Young Jeezy, Ride by Ace Hood featuring Trey Songz, Real As it Gets by Jay-Z featuring Young Jeezy… and that’s just to name a few. Check out the interview:
How old were you when you started producing?
- I’ve been producing since I was about 16. Music over all, has always been a passion of mine, but music production became more of a passion and less of a hobby as I got older.
When you were growing up, was music an important part of your life?
- Yes it was, I come from a family of musicians. My brother and I didn’t really have much toys so our instruments were pretty much our entertainment.
So, we all know you produced ‘Real As it Gets’ off of The Blueprint 3… What’s the story behind that? How’d you land that?!
- Well , the record was acutally meant for Young Jeezy. Jeezy wanted to put Jay on it and use it for his first single, but somehow they worked it out and it became one of Jay Z ‘s own record featuring Young Jeezy. It was a good move either way and definetly a blessing.
Who is one person that you’d love to work with in the future?
- I’ll love to work with anyone. Im just a fan of making good music no matter who it is .
What would you say is the highlight of your career so far?
- Definetely the Jay Z placement
‘Ride’ was a huge record. When you made it, did you think it was going to be that explosive?
- Not at all, when i made the track, i wasnt even impressed with it, but my management, Dj Khaled and Dj Nasty had a vision for it and got T- pain to bless the hook with his writting, and Trey Songz to cut the final version, and the rest was history.
Out of all the beats you’ve ever made, do you have a favorite?
- Its funny because my favorite beats are the ones that the world hasnt heard yet lol.. I have alot of material that may shock the world, and I cant wait until they get out.
What type of projects do you have in the works? Or are they top secret, lol?!
- Dj Khaled’s new album victory will be in stores March 2nd, I did the album titled track on that album. Im also currently working on Rick Ross’s new project and I have a few more projects lined up as well.
I’m glad that Rihanna released this as the next single off of her album =). The song is catchy and the video is very creative. I follow some males on twitter that have found a new appreciation for her after seeing her sexy dance moves in this video, lol. She’s came a long way from ‘pon de replay’, eh?
I’ve never seen this! woulda been incredible if the bears won.
The New Orleans Saint Spitta comes through with his latest mixtape. Mixed by DJ Don Cannon
peep number #21 yap!
You can’t have your cake and eat it too.
Hi y’all! I’m Miyu, a new contributer on this Fly.Union blog. big shout to Swifa for hooking me up.
Well, I know Fly.Union for some years. I’ve seen them ups n downs and hard work they put into so I am really happy for them getting bigger n gettin the fans! thank you for your support and I wanna ask for your never ending support!
I’d like to blog anything I like but I’m tryna keep you guys updated with some cool ish from japan as well. If you have anything that you want me to post about japan or anything leave comments =]
“If you don’t know what you want, you end up with a lot you don’t.